The role of the Program President is to promote individual programs and activities within their program of study. Program Presidents are the voice of the student body for the individual programs and they communicate ideas, comments and concerns to the Student Association Board of Directors. Every program shall have a maximum of two program presidents. Program presidents report directly to the Vice President.
Interested in becoming a program president?
- Approach your program co-coordinator and let them know that you’re interested in becoming the program president for your program.
- Fill out an application form for t he program president position
- If there is more than two applications then a vote will be held (within that program) to determine the program president.
- Contactfsavicepresident@flemingcollege.ca with the results of the class election/decision
Benefits to program presidents
- Free photocopying, printing and fax services in the student association offices during business hours for program related activities
- Leadership opportunities
- Portfolio building and professional experience
- Organize at least one program pub night per semester
- Money collected can go toward program clothing, equipment, dinners. Money cannot go toward alcohol
- Organize guest speakers
- Report ideas, comments and concerns to the student association
- Organize a graduation dinner/ceremony for all graduates of the program
- Promote all functions to their program (i.e. posters, etc.) Please remember to remove your posters after your function is complete
You must organize at least one all ages activity/event per semester
How to Organize a Program Pub Night
Designate a main contact person
It is recommended that a main contact for a pre-pub night organizing, the duration of your pub night and post pub night follow-up be designated. This person would be responsible for booking and should be present at the pub night.
Pick tentative dates
Meet at the beginning of the semester to pick your dates. It is recommended that you pick multiple tentative dates because the lodge gets booked fast. Pub dates are booked in the S.A. office.
At the meeting it will also be necessary to decide on a theme. Please be respectful in deciding your theme. All themes will be approved by the Auk’s Lodge Committee.
Choose Musical Entertainment
Auk’s lodge provides all DJ service. If the DJ service is not required then it is your responsibility to organize a separate DJ or live band and equipment including speakers for the event.
One Month Ahead
- Organize activity to ensure that you have purchased the items you need and made all necessary arrangements to have your event run smoothly
- Set cover charge at $2.00 per person unless approved by SA
- The hosting of pub night is a useful tool in fundraising for your program.
Two weeks before event
Create a volunteer schedule. This will help with running smoothly on the night of your event. You will need to designate individuals to be responsible for coat check, admission, decorating/set up and take down
Posters may only be posted on the designated cork boards after approval by the FSA board Director of Communications.
Day of event
Decorations may be set up before your event
between 8-9pm unless other arrangements are made.
Organize float money for admission and coat check – responsibility of the host.
It is suggested that you have a float with small bills and change.