April 6th, 2016

FSA Board of Directors

Meeting Minutes

 

Date:

April 6th , 2016

Location:

FSA Boardroom

 

Call to Order: Frost Student Association Board Meeting

Roll Call of Members: Lee Scholl, Tarissa Holmes, Meaghan Adams, Timothy Marostega, Sean Kerr, Tabitha Henry.

Declaration of Conflict of Interest: N/A

Approval of Agenda: Approval of agenda dated April 6th 2016 through email; all board members are in favour.  

Approval of Previous Minutes: Approval of minutes dated March 30th, 2016 Sean motions to approve Lee seconds and all are in favour via email vote.

Announcements: N/A

New Business:

 

Kevin Jackson Elections: Kevin, through his experience, has made suggestions to improve the efficiency of the election campaign and process. We want to make some changes that will help make moving forward easier. There are multiple physical documents in different locations. It is suggested that we put together a master copy. This will ensure the participants are fully aware of the election rules and will have one official document to refer to rather than multiple in multiple different places. Another suggestion is that we set a drop date for the campaigning that is more reasonable and timely. Role descriptions are slightly outdated and it may be in our best interest to review and make amendments. A new idea could be to eliminate the names of specific roles and have tasks distributed rather than assigned. Refer to the review and suggestion sheet Kevin Jackson has provided for further information.

 

Kristi Year in Review: Kristi wants to thank our current board and welcome next years. This is her first full cycle in this role and has provided positive feedback to our members. She has mapped out month to month what she does and at what time to ensure everything is covered and we are well informed. She has provided a Student Government (SG) Liaison Overview package that outlines the roles of the position. We are looking into hiring a new representative for this role and Rob Marsh is our first choice. He is heavily involved in student life and shows interest in closing the gap between residence and FSA. She has also provided a Student Government Orientation Package that will be helpful in terms of transition from current board to next board. Refer to the documents provided for reference and Kristi will follow up and please let her know if we have any questions because she is here to support in any way she can.  

 

 

 

 

 

Ken Reid Park: Want more information that has not been provided. They are asking for a portion to support the students that attend. We would like to know how/ if the FSA is involved before giving said amount.

Vote: All board members are in favour of making no payments at this point in time.

 

Food Bank: Sean will forward email to everyone to ensure everyone is aware of the foodbank event and will attend if they can.

 

Positional Emails: Lindsay is absent, revisit.

 

5K: At this point there are only 3-5 people signed up for the run. Suggested that it is held in the fall for future. Due to lack of interest and possible inclement weather the new deadline to register is for Thursday at 1 and if not enough people have registered the event will be cancelled.