March 10th, 2016

FSA Board of Directors

Meeting Minutes

 

Date:

March 10th, 2016

Location:

FSA Boardroom

 

Call to Order: Frost Student Association Board Meeting

Roll Call of Members: Tarissa Holmes, Meaghan Adams, Timothy Marostega, Sean Kerr, Tabitha Henry   Absent: Lee Scholl, Jessica Carthy

Declaration of Conflict of Interest: N/A

Approval of Agenda: Approval of agenda by Tarissa, Tim seconds and all are in favour.

Approval of Previous Minutes: Amendments are in progress and approval will be revisited for February 18th, 2016 minutes. February 24th, 2016 Tarissa motions to approve meeting minutes, Sean seconds and all are in favour.   

Announcements: N/A

Old Business:

 

Security Contract: Revisit next week.

 

Terrarium: The CAWT and the Turtle Trauma Centre cannot accept or make use of the tank. Tarissa will continue to ask the fish hatchery and return with answers.

 

Accountability Session: Revisit next week.

 

REC PLEX: Tabitha and Sean have been into the complex and are up to speed with the agreement. Sean has created a survey and has successfully implemented it and incorporated frequent questions. Sean will send the survey questions to Tarissa and she will follow up with the student survey next week with the help of Tabitha. Sean would like to form a committee involving members of the next year’s board, liaison, and other representatives that will meet with the city. The final agreement must be in place by August 2016.

 

St. Patrick’s Day: Prizes, trivia and open microphone in the Auks Lodge. Tarissa motions to approve 70 dollars towards the event, Sean seconds and all are in favour.

  

New Business:

 

Frost 5K: Tabitha will schedule a date and a better idea of what funding we may or may not need. Revisit next week with further information.

 

Planning Cycle: Look at policy and amend so the next board can follow. It is suggested that we add or take away with an explanation for Policy 1.

 

Frost Mental Health: An initiative for the event is to have massages and it is requested that we contribute 200 dollars towards supporting the ‘keep calm and study on’ program. At this time no approval is motioned.

 

Positive Space: Training session for gay straight alliance initiatives. Since we have a month of shadowing it is suggested we make this a requirement for the current board and next year’s board to attend.

 

Meeting Times: Tentatively changed to Tuesday 6pm.