February 3rd, 2016

FSA Board of Directors

Meeting Minutes

 

Date:

February 3rd , 2016

Location:

FSA Boardroom

 

Call to Order: Frost Student Association Board Meeting

Roll Call of Members: Lee Scholl, Tarissa Holmes, Meaghan Adams, Timothy Marostega, Kyle Chalmers, Tabitha Henry, Jessica Carthy.    Absent: Sean Kerr  

Declaration of Conflict of Interest: N/A

Approval of Agenda: Approval of agenda by Lee and all are in favour.

Approval of Previous Minutes: Approved November 5th, 2015 previous minutes. 

Announcements: N/A

Old Business:

New Business: Start: 5:02

 

Kristi Kerford: College Ancillary Fees: The presented document is for fees that the college sets. This shows that all changes have gone up due to the cost of living however, no changes have been made since last discussed. The athletic fee and field house are the only FSA associated fees. If we are in agreement with the document present and have full student government approval, we then take the document to the Flemings Board of Governors to approve the entire package. Note that in the ministry protocol if you increase a fee by 20% or greater a referendum is required. 

 

Action Plan: Discuss at the meeting next week when the board is in full attendance.

 

Tony Tilley: Tony is interested in coming to the auks lodge to have a casual gathering/ introduction with anyone and everyone. The scheduling with be connect with the bar manager to ensure the timing is appropriate as well as any advertising need will go through Tim.

 

Liaison: In the fall we may potentially be looking into hiring a new liaison. Greg Jefford is taking over his new position and we are wondering if he should have student government on his table. The question is what do we look for, what works and what do we think the liaison should do? Lee has assembled a list by gathering information from students and the board and will send the list to Kristi. This is a requirement for the relationship between the FSA and the college and it should be written in the job description to be part for a certain amount of time. Our list shared as well as feedback from other campuses will be combined and Kristi will return with overall feedback.

 

Men of Strength: The organizers are requesting us to donate $1,000 towards their program. Representatives have attended a course to become trainers and will then train other people on themes of violence against women. The program allows a safe environment for men to discuss this theme. Concerns are present that this program will not be beneficial.

Motion: Lee motions to not approve the donation, Kyle second the motion and all are in favour of disapproval.

 

Projector: Kyle found the most affordable projector on amazon, our only concern is that it will not come with any service and we cannot ask IT to provide service or warranty. Kyle will contact IT for further information and go over specs and potential agreements.

 

St. Patrick’s Day: Meaghan will ask for prices from the performers and return back next meeting, since we need a solid number in order to make a vote and decision. The pub night will be split with the EM students where we will have the day time and the program will have the evening.  

 

Ethan Stokes: Tabitha is getting numbers from students and asking arenas for dates as well as costs. The template from intermural hockey will be an asset. The day can be scheduled as a round robin tournament. Tabitha will make further progress and return to the board.  

 

 

  

Board Accountability Session