December 10th, 2015

FSA Board of Directors

Meeting Minutes

 

Date:

Thurs. December 10th , 2015

Location:

FSA Boardroom

 

Call to Order: FSA Board of Directors Meeting

Roll Call of Members: Lee Scholl, Sean Kerr, Kyle Chalmers, Tarissa Holmes, Meaghan Adams, Timothy Marostega, Jessica Carthy, Sherry Polley  

Declaration of Conflict of Interest: N/A

Approval of Agenda: Approved

Approval of Previous Minutes: Meaghan motions to approve previous minutes dated December 3rd 2015, Tim seconds and all are in favour.  

Announcements: N/A    

Old Business:

 

Ping Pong: We do not have a budget through the athletics however we will look at it next year. Having it over there will eliminate easy breakage and there are demands to get one.

 

O-Week: We have a contract for Yuk Yuks, the only thing they are asking for is 3 hotel rooms for the performers, soft drinks and bottled water. Transition fund will cover that cost. Security: for Yuk Yuks and Logger pub must be sorted out by the end of next week Action: Kyle will ask Sarah for cost of security for the nights of AGM, Yuk Yuks and Loggersports.

Action: Fun fair from 11-5, Lee will contact Bouncers Are Us for cotton candy machine and sumo suits.

Action: Sherry will contact local business for tattoos and promotions.  

 

FSA Christmas Party: Scheduled for the 12th, whoever cannot attend will receive an alternate gift.

Action: Kyle and Sherry will sit together and decide what funds we have to use and will email Lee and Sean for the decision.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AGM: 1500 dollars, Meaghan will look into catering.

What we need to cover at AGM: Kyle will present budget/ power point and will have it completed by next Friday. There are no policy’s we can change but can make recommendations for the next board. By next meeting we will have agenda for the AGM and will have a dry run. Votes can be taken at expo we need roughly 80 people. Have table for FSA at auk expo to promote. Tarissa will take care of survey. Set up mike stand and make it available to ask questions. Budget, name change, rec plex and Kevin will be telling students about elections.

 

REC PLEX: Kyle made some brief contact about what to expect. Make it clear as to what questions to ask. The big issue is that we are giving too much money and will all of our ideas draw enough people to make it worth it? This is the first time to gather information and bring them our concerns.

 

New Business:

 

Pay Over Break: Follow the policy; you have to have so many hours in to get your honorarium. Hours cannot be justified and cannot be classified as banked hours and this must be voted upon to change. Conflicts, there are a lot of things that FSA does as a whole that does not justify our pay. Put on your timesheets to prove honorarium. Discuss at AGM what board makes at holidays and look at changing it to hourly instead of the honorarium. Refer to policy for full definition and outline, Lee will talk to the Peterborough campus FSA about their policy.

 

Auk Radio: Students have shown interest in starting the Auk Radio up again, it should be a go. The only expense may be 2 bar stools since it is convenient for them to use system we have now.

 

FSA Retreat: We are looking at just over 1000 dollars for our budget. Keep in mind there will be a cross over meeting/ retreat between next and our FSA, however that will be decided upon at the time. Mount Tremblant is official, fuel and millage will not be covered by FSA. Kyle will put together an itinerary and have it available at next week’s meeting.

 

Buying Machine Music: Motion: Lee will motion to buy machine if it cannot be fixed, Meaghan seconds and all are in favour.  

 

Director of Athletics: Must be replaced. Tim will email out hiring opportunity for athletic director and to send in a cover letter and resume for the application.

Action: Tim will decide before Wednesday of who is in the running’s.