October 22nd, 2015

FSA Board of Directors

Meeting Minutes

 

Date:

Thurs. October 22nd , 2015

Location:

FSA BOARDROOM

 

Call to Order: Frost Student Association Board Meeting

Roll Call of Members: Sean Kerr, Kyle Chalmers, Evan Herman, Tarissa Holmes, Meaghan Adams, Timothy Marostega, Jessica Carthy           Absent: Lee Scholl

Declaration of Conflict of Interest: N/A

Approval of Agenda: Approved

Approval of Previous Minutes: Evan motions to approve, Tarissa seconds and all are in favour.

Announcements: N/A

Old Business: N/A

New Business:

 

Annual General Meeting (AGM): Shall be held in room 250 aiming for 85 people to attend. Ideas for incentives to go: coffee, cookies, donuts. Voting on updated policy for students, for example, the rec complex agreement. Look through constitution part 10, what we need to propose to get changed.  Use program presidents as point of contact to help get word out.  

 

Chief Returning Officer: Ensures everyone follows the policy and executes that the board election process runs fairly. Hiring of Kevin Jackson for the position, Kevin meets the requirements and will be an asset.

Motion: Evan motions to approve, Tarissa seconds and all are in favour for Kevin Jackson as the Chief Returning Officer.

 

Vehicle for Food Bank Pick Up: The college no longer will provide the transportation however, we need a long term plan to transport food from the food bank to the college. Options include in town delivery service and taxi.

Action: Evan will research the cost of these options.

 

ART WALL (Student Only): The back wall in the Auks Lodge behind the foosball table will be used for the exhibit. Students have the opportunity to silent auction their artwork or present it in the display and a name will be chosen. When purchasing artwork the buyer will deal with the artist directly.

Action: Tim will get in touch with Kiera in terms of the Haliburton campus displaying their work and the 3 people who have already displayed their artwork. Together they will collaborate for everyone to be involved and also create a name for the display.

 

Loggersport Belt Buckle: Mugs are ordered in the budget for only one year. We plan to return to belt buckles the following year however only order for the winners of individual events and the overall team winners of the competition.

 

100 Mile Dinner: Raised 6,500 and that full amount will go towards student bursaries since United Way has generously donated their half. These bursaries need to be divided up and made available to students. This success will be recorded and given to the following board to ensure we keep this relationship ongoing.

 

OFAH: OFAH presents a Student Special membership package. Tim will be in contact with the OFAH representative and will forward it to all students and the board.

 

Office Hours: All board members will schedule office hours when they are available. This will allow for staff, students and FSA to get in touch with you if needed.

 

Rec Plex Student Survey: The city has given us a contract; we have until August of 2016 to sign however it should be signed 6 month prior. We must determine where we can go as a group, whether its build an expansion on the field house, what we want changed in the facility, there are many options. Evan met with Linda and will speak with Jeff Mathews, head of athletics to see how we can advance with this. Kyle suggests a preliminary meeting to discuss what both parties want. Sean has made a list of realistic ideas that are focussed toward college students and will type it up.

 

Ping Pong Table: We had one last year that was so badly damaged and also a pain to most people. We may rearrange to accommodate, consider costs and we will sit on this option.

 

Meeting Closed: 4:47