November 19th, 2015

FSA Board of Directors

Meeting Minutes

 

Date:

November 19th, 2015

Location:

FSA Boardroom

 

Call to Order: FSA Board of Directors Weekly Meeting

Roll Call of Members: Lee Scholl, Evan Herman, Tarissa Holmes, Meaghan Adams, Timothy Marostega, Kyle Chalmers, Sean Kerr, Jessica Carthy 

Declaration of Conflict of Interest: N/A

Approval of Agenda: Approved by Sean and all are in favour.

Approval of Previous Minutes: Approved November 12th meeting minutes, Sean motions and Lee seconds all are in favour.

Announcements:

Rob: Manager of residence, housing department on/off campus, student rights and responsibility and student services. We are competing for student involvement and Rob is trying to find ways that we can work together more. Residence staff has personal connections and can invite and target groups of people to get involved. If there is anything going on that we could all benefit, be in contact with one another. Residence cup points may also be awarded.

Action: Our goal is to inform Rob on what is going on in FSA so that he can pitch ideas at his meetings. Rob will meet with us again December 10th for planning of trips and programming into the new year. Additionally, the feedback from residence on orientation week 2015 was incredibly positive! 

 

Old Business:

 

ATM: The company will reply to emails within 5 business days so we have no response just yet. Alternatively, there are other companies that could potentially work. Kyle has the ball rolling and will revisit next week.

New Business:

 

Addictions: Want to raise awareness every week and are interested in having an event to make people aware and then have a good time after. They are looking at us supporting up to 50 dollars towards the event for non-alcoholic drinks and ingredients.

Motion: Tarissa motions to reimburse up to 50 dollars of expenses with a receipt. Meaghan seconds and all are in favour. Collaborate with Tarissa for space purposes.

 

AGM: Sean has started putting together an agenda including financial report, FSA logo/ name, Kevin to announce the meeting, Rec Plex. Email Sean if you have more input. ----We will make visuals through pie charts and graphs to physically see where your money has gone as part of financial statement.

-We hope to run the event like a conference and include round table discussions with questions and answers. Focus on what we are working towards and trying to accomplish. Where the FSA was and where were going.

-We need a student vote and will use the AGM as a way of doing that.

-Themed, entertainment to be decided.

-Utilize proxy votes.

Speakers: Kyle and Sherry to talk about financial statuses and sherry. Evan will bring up Rec Plex when appropriate.

Lee wants to make it as fun and engaging as possible. We will utilize our residence and program presidents to get the numbers we need. Kyle will see how much money we can reasonably put towards the event.

Motion: Kyle motions for the AGM to be held the evening of Wednesday January 13th 2016 and Lee seconds, all in favour.   

 

REC PLEX: Evan printed off everything we have been brainstorming. Refer to sheet for information and details.

 

Open House: If you are available and can help at the table please do so. Karen will put aside all tables we can utilize. Tours will come through and we will describe this Auks Lodge as the student centre. The table will explain all our services and provide information about it.

 

Meeting Closed 5:15