FSA Board of Directors
Thurs. October 1st , 2015
Call to Order: 4:09
Roll Call of Members: Lee Scholl, Sean Kerr, Kyle Chalmers, Evan Herman, Tarissa Holmes, Meaghan Adams, Timothy Marostega
Declaration of Conflict of Interest:
Approval of Agenda: Completed
Approval of Previous Minutes: Unavailable
· SIGNING AUTHORITY: Additional people needed for approvals are an added security and are beneficial.
· BAR BOOKING: November 14th a family has requested to book the Auks Lodge for a private event. We will charge them the absolute minimum fee and if sales are successful we will consider the cost as a deposit and donate that money directly back to the family. Must take into consideration amount of people attending, security needed and staff needed.
ACTION: Sean will email Karen and ask about the requirements for this event.
· REC PLEX AGREEMENT: We have to sign a new 5 year agreement prior to the end of August 2016. Currently every student pays 50 dollars per semester while less than 4% of the school population goes to the gym every day. New proposal suggests the fee increases to 55$ and the City of Kawartha Lakes will utilize the Fleming College field house over the summer months. This agreement does not appeal to all students and must be improved.
ACTION: Brainstorm ideas on how to improve interest in the complex, decrease cost as opposed to increasing, look at alternate options and potentially eliminate the renewal.
· HALLOWEEN EVENT AT AUKS LODGE: Halloween bingo, raffles, costume contest, monster mash, collaborate and talk to program presidents and confirm all dates that are taken and are open. NOTE: Our incentive is that everyone is allowed to have a pub night on those big days, we will join all programs and each program will profit a percentage that is proportionate to the amount of people from your program that attended.
MOTION: Lee motions $150 put towards running the event, Meaghan seconds the motion and all are in favour.
· NOTE TAKER: Applicants are given the task of summarizing the previous meeting’s clip as you see fit and voted on by the FSA Board of Directors.
MOTION: Evan motions for Jessica to be the Note Taker, Meaghan seconds the motion and all in favour of Jessica Carthy as FSA Note Taker is carried.
Meeting Closed 5:00