January 29 2019

FSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS

MEETING MINUTES

DATE: TUESDAY, JANUARY 29TH, 2019 LOCATION: FSA BOARD ROOM (13:00)

Call to Order: Frost Student Association Meeting

Roll Call of Members Present:

Amanda Moore, President

Shivam Parikh, Vice President

Patrick Santos, Director of Athletics

Adam Alaimo, Director of Sustainability

Victoria Hynes, Director of Student Life

Kelsey Reich, Director of Communication

Kieran Murphy, Director of Finance

Guests:

Sherry Polley, Office Manager

Bonnie Manintveld, Support Coordinator

Kristi Kerford

Send regrets: N/A

Declaration of Conflict of Interest: N/A.

Approval of Agenda: All approved.

Approval of Previous Minutes: Postponed.

Meeting Agenda:

I. Call to Order

II. Roll Call of Members Present

1) Declaration of Conflict of Interest

2) Announcement

3) Call for New Business

III. Approval of Agenda

IV. Approval of Previous Minutes

V. Round Table Discussion

1) Baby shower (Sarah)

2) AGM (Amanda)

3) Ancillary Fee (Kristi)

4) Shuttle Bus issue (Adam)

VI. Business

1) Pride Week

VII. Motion to Adjourned

Meeting Discussion:

Kelsey and Kieran will not vote for minutes approval prior to the January 15th, 2019 minutes due to their

start date.

Motioned: Patrick motioned to approve November 19th, 2018 minutes.

Vote: All 5 for. 0 opposed.

Motion: Adam motioned to approve November 26th, 2018 minutes.

Vote: All 5 for. 0 opposed.

Motioned: Shivam motioned to approve December 3

rd, 2019 minutes.

Vote: All 5 for. 0 opposed.

Motioned: Adam motioned to approve December 10th, 2019 minutes.

Vote: All 5 for. 0 opposed.

Motioned: Patrick motioned to approve January 8

th, 2019 minutes.

Motioned: All 5 for. 0 opposed.

Motioned: Adam motioned to approve January 15th, 2019 minutes.

Vote: All 7 for. 0 opposed.

Motioned: Amanda motioned to approve Town Hall November 28th, 2019 minutes.

Vote: All 5 for. 0 opposed.

Amanda confirmed approval for January 22nd postponed.

1) Ancillary Fee (Kristi)

Kristi introduced herself to the new FSA Board members, Kelsey - Director of Communication and Kieran

- Director of Finance.

Kristi briefed previous ancillary fee meetings and the fees setting/approval process for the upcoming

semester.

Kristi acknowledged the provincial announcement of 10% tuition reduction, OSAP changes, and fees optout option, and addressed the uncertainty of the news. Thus, the college will continue to proceed with

the regular fee setting process until further official announcement and adjust when more information

arises.

Kristi revisited the compulsory ancillary fee charges; all of which are increasing due to the cost of living.

• Alumni fee: $14.33 - $14.62

• Support Services fee (health, counselling, tutoring, careers, etc.,): $94.02 - $95.90

• IT fee: $97.85 - $99.81

• Frost Athletic fee: $65 - $66.30 (2% increase)

Motioned: Amanda motioned to approve the revised ancillary fees for IT, Alumni, and Support Services

due to cost of living, and the Athletic 2% fee increase.

Vote: All 7 for. 0 opposed.

Kristi to scan the signed form and send via email to all members.

Kristi left the meeting.

2) Baby shower (Amanda)

Amanda announced the baby shower for an employee of the Auk’s Lodge, and invited all members to

join.

Amanda proposed $5 per person for a gift, and the FSA to purchase a cake and a card. All approved.

3) AGM (Amanda)

Discussions made regarding prize allocation and distribution; colourful sticky notes to be placed under

chairs, draw for Go-Pro, etc.; giveaway prizes including three coffee club memberships and two

sweaters.

4) Shuttle Bus issue (Adam)

Adam briefed the incident which occurred at the weekend; a student uses the bus service in the

weekend was racially abused by the bus driver.

Adam to inform the service provider about the incident.

Other

Amanda announced the upcoming Pride Week, February 14th and proposed a budget for the event.

Bonnie briefed Pride Week events:

• Monday (11/01): “I’m an Ally” campaign - distributing stickers and buttons, all of which are supplied

by the college. "Spotted a Prize" competition encourages students to wear their stickers/buttons all

week to win a prize.

• Tuesday (12/01): Bonnie to purchase the coffee urn, herbal tea, milk, and cream for Spill the Tea;

students to make tea and express their worries on the chalkboard. Trivia/Kahoot hosted in the

evening will include topics of LGBTQ, diversity, etc.,

• Wednesday (13/01): Obstacle Course, DIY Bath Salt, as well as Pride Service Fair in the Auk's Lodge.

Evening activity including Drag Show; two drag queens had confirmed their availability. Robyn to

inform students should they wish to be involved.

• Thursday (14/01): Speaker Rosalyn Lawton and Dirty Bingo.

• Friday (15/01): “Be Gay with S.J.”.

Business

1) Pride Week

Motion: Adam motioned $1,200 for Pride Week events in February 14th, 2019.

Vote: All 7 for. 0 opposed.

Meeting Adjourned at 13:30.

Date for next meeting: Tuesday, February 5th, 2019 @ 13:00.

January 22 2019

FSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS

MEETING MINUTES

DATE: TUESDAY, JANUARY 22ND, 2019 LOCATION: FSA BOARD ROOM (13:00)

Call to Order: Frost Student Association Meeting

Roll Call of Members Present:

Amanda Moore, President

Shivam Parikh, Vice President

Patrick Santos, Director of Athletes

Adam Alaimo, Director of Sustainability

Victoria Hynes, Director of Student Life

Kelsey Reich, Director of Communication

Kieran Murphy, Director of Finance

Guest:

Sherry Polley

Bonnie Manintveld

Sarah Lancaster-Gilkes

S.J.

Robyn Zanetti

Send regre

Meeting Discussion:

Amanda raised the shuttle bus error in the previous minutes and postponed the minutes' approval until

the next meeting. The error has been rectified.

1) Pride Week (S.J. & Robyn)

S.J. introduced to be the new LGBTQ Diversity Worker and proposed cooperation with the FSA by

creating a subcommittee for organising and promoting events for the upcoming Pride Week, as well as

fundraising and providing services to students. As a Student Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator, S.J. role

is to be the first point of contact for students in relates to LGBTQ and diversity matters and providing

education on diversity, sexuality, etc., as well as offering positive space training and building mentorship

with student leaders on campus.

Amanda acknowledged two events to occur on the same day during Pride Week, Thursday, February

14th: Fleming Night at the Petes and Dirty Bingo, and asked for prioritisation.

Pride Week committee members including Amanda, Bonnie, Victoria, S.J., Robyn, and Kieran to discuss

Pride Week's event via email.

S.J. mentioned Black History Month coming up in February and welcomed ideas for activities.

S.J. and Robyn left the meeting.

2) Auk’s Lodge (Sarah)

Sarah raised concern regarding the Auk's Lodge pricing as it remained since 2014 and requested for

prices increase to accommodate the cost. The proposed cost changes of $0.25 to $0.50 for each item

would increase revenue by $5,000 and $10,000 per academic year, respectively. The adjusted cost for

each item may vary.

All approved.

3) Communications Revamp (Kelsey)

Kelsey explained the unattractive layout of Communication email has not appealed to students, thus

redesigning and welcomed ideas for a more readable and approachable weekly template.

Kelsey and Victoria will be responsible for updating the FSA Instagram page, and Amanda will continue

to manage the FSA Facebook page.

4) Photo Contest (Kelsey)

Kelsey proposed a weekly or monthly Student Photo Contest for on-campus photography, as well as

quotes and jokes from teachers to be included in the Communication email. There may be prizes for the

winners of the Photo Contest. The judges for the competition are to be confirmed. The suggestion of

casting votes on social media e.g., Spotted at Fleming Facebook page, is to be considered.

Bonnie and Kelsey to organise prizes; suggestions include hoodies, coffee club memberships, etc., as well

as displaying the winning photos in the Auk’s Lodge.

Victoria to provide Amanda with the artboard/Connor Morand proof of purchase. Amanda to gain access

to the Mental Health Funds and get reimbursed.

5) Shuttle Bus (Adam)

Adam mentioned Trisha Connor, Head of Sustainability, confirms the school will provide minimum

funding of $11,500 for the Shuttle Bus service. Possible options are available for discussions at the

upcoming AGM, this includes:

• Maintaining the current bus schedule (including weekend runs) and student fees would be increased

by up to $23/student/semester.

• Maintaining the current bus schedule (without weekend runs) and student fees would remain

without any increase.

• The weekend buses would be reallocated for extra runs during the week as weekend buses are rarely

used; this would help students who attend late classes in the evening. The student fees would still be

increasing by $23/student/semester.

• The shuttle bus service would be eliminated.

Adam concerned the lack of funding from the school would result in the shuttle bus service to be

increased by $50,000 next year.

Adam confirms Fleming College acknowledged the misleading advertisement on the website regarding

the shuttle bus. Adam to follow up.

Adam cited the Dean's suggestion for the shuttle bus referendum at the AGM; instead of a single-option

system, a ranking system would provide more information about student preferences.

Adam confirmed the online referendum is still a preferable method, and the college would be facilitating

the survey. Adam to type the questions and send to Amanda; Amanda to forward to the college.

6) Rez Cup & Obstacle Course (Patrick)

Patrick raised concerns regarding the lack of communication between Resident Assistant (RA), the FSA,

and the Campus Recreation Coordinator, Michlynne Short.

Patrick proposed the Rez Cup to the RA and discussed to incorporate more athletic and intramural

activities.

Patrick stated the purpose of targeting The Residence for athletics due to the close connections of the

residence among themselves and with RA and hoping the future Director of Athletes to continue this

legacy report.

Kelsey to create posters for The Residence and promote more FSA events.

Patrick expressed uncertainty regarding the date and time for the Obstacle Course and confirmed

cooperation with the Outdoor Education.

Patrick proposed the Obstacle Course date to be Wednesday, February 13th from 3.30 pm to 5.30 pm.

7) AGM Committee (Amanda)

Amanda requested Adam, Patrick, and Shivam to meet on Thursday at 2 pm to finalise the AGM

presentation.

Kelsey to despatch the Communication email regarding the AGM, which includes the subjects for

discussions, encourage students to participate and let their voice be heard, attached meeting minutes

from the previous AGM, as well as chances for winning prizes e.g., Ping-Pong table, go pro, etc.

The AGM poster to be sent out should include information regarding the extra bus allocated for 6.30 pm.

8) Ancillary Fees (Sherry)

Sherry acknowledged the tuition and ancillary fees changes announced by the government of Ontario

and encouraged individuals to be aware and communicate with other students for more information.

Sherry stressed that without the student ancillary fees, there would be major consequences including

job lost and all FSA services would be eliminated.

Some examples of fees funded to operate services for students, including:

• Frost Student Activity Fee ($117.71/student/term): general operating cost of the FSA, e.g., events,

wages, heat and hydro, maintenance, etc.

- Frost & Haliburton Transition Fee (included in the Student Activity Fee - $2.50/student/term):

transitioning programming e.g., orientation week.

- Frost Building Fee/Auk’s Lodge Fee ($35/student/term): renovation and maintenance of the

Auk's Lodge.

- Recreation Building Fee/Field House Fee ($15/student/term): maintenance, purchasing

equipment, etc.

- Fitness Facility Fee ($49.20/student/term - this fee may due to change in the near future):

Spectrum Gym.

- Shuttle Bus Transit Fee ($38/student/term).

• Haliburton Student Activity Fee ($54/student/term): general operating cost of Haliburton Student

Association.

- Haliburton Recreation Fee ($53.55/student/term): recreational, intramural, and varsity

programming.

- Athletic Fee ($65/student/term): recreational, intramural, and varsity programming.

- Health Plans Fee ($248.50/Fall student; $176/Winter student; $126/Spring student; $5 goes

towards Collin Mental Health).

Amanda explained the uncertain future of the FSA should students have the option to opt out optional

fees, as mandatory fees including Mental Health Initiative are not accessible by the FSA, and urged all

members to focus on the next steps and remain positive.

Amanda encouraged Board members to communicate with the Student Government, the Student

Administrative Council (SAC), the Student Alliance, other universities and colleges, etc., for the course of

actions.

Victoria expressed that as the announcement may be misinterpreted and in favour of taking cautious

actions.

Discussions made regarding mandatory/optional fees, and the authoritative body/organisation to

mandate and execute the decision for mandatory/optional fees.

Bonnie reminded all members of the Strategic Planning Event on Thursday, January 24th from 11 am to

12.30 pm and suggested all attend.

Suggestion for making a statement of acknowledging the changes at the AGM is to be considered.

Other

Suggestions for video recording and or/live streaming the AGM to facilitate students who are unable to

attend the AGM.

Amanda confirmed the online referendum would apply to both Shuttle Bus and Fitness Facility.

The online voting time was discussed to be after the meeting. Other considerations including online

voting to be opened during the meeting and laptop voting stations to be set up.

Business

Meeting Adjourned at 14:00.

Date for next meeting: Tuesday, January 29th, 2019 @ 13:00.

January 15 2019

DATE: TUESDAY, JANUARY 15TH, 2019 LOCATION: FSA

BOARD ROOM (13:01)

Call to Order: Frost Student Association Meeting

Roll Call of Members Present: Amanda Moore, President Shivam Parikh, Vice President

Patrick Santos, Director of Athletes Adam Alaimo, Director of Sustainability Victoria Hynes,

Director of Student Life Kelsey Reich, Director of Communication Kieran Murphy, Director of Finance

Declaration of Conflict of Interest: N/A. Approval of Agenda: All approved.

Approval of Previous Minutes: Postponed. Meeting Agenda:

Guest:

Sherry Polley

Send regrets: N/A

I. Call to Order

II. Roll Call of Members Present

1) Declaration of Conflict of Interest

2) Announcement

3) Call for New Business

III. Approval of Agenda

IV. Approval of Previous Minutes

V. Round Table Discussion

1) Welcome New Directors (Amanda)

2) Ancillary Fees (Kristi Kerford)

3) AGM (Amanda)

4) Upcoming Events (Victoria)

VI. Business

1) Bob Ross Pain Night Budget

VII. Motion to Adjourned

Meeting Discussion:

1) Welcome New Directors (Amanda)

Amanda announced the new Director of Communication and Director of Finance and requested all

attendees to play an icebreaker game.

2) Ancillary Fees (Kristi Kerford)

Amanda reported Kristi Kerford sent regrets due to unable to attend the meeting.

3) AGM, January 29th (Amanda)

Amanda emphasised the main discussions at the AGM include the Shuttle Bus, Fitness Facility,

Finance Audit, and Role Change of Directors.

Amanda briefed the previous AGM and confirmed there would be registration upon entrance and student

IDs are required. Two Directors would be using clickers to count the number of students and the

number of votes. Security is to be considered.

Amanda explained the Director of Finance position would change to Community Outreach due to the FSA

requirement of creating partnerships with key departments and welcomed ideas for both jobs’

description. Once the topic is discussed and voted at the AGM, it would come into effect the

following year.

The Community Outreach position would carry on the following responsibilities from the Director of

Finance:

• Promoting FSA events.

• Communicating, participating, and assist with promoting events for LGBTQ, Indigenous Student

Services, International Student Services, Mature Students, and Diversity Workers; as well as

representing the FSA and students at meetings of these departments.

• Creating off-campus partnerships by promoting and attending two charitable/community events.

• Organising team building activities and delegating tasks with the next Board of Directors during

the transitioning period.

• Issuing an annual report, as well as a sustainability report in relates to the environmental,

economic and social goals of the FSA.

• Overseeing student clubs and conducting evaluations after each semester.

• Cooperating with the Director of Student Life and the Support Coordinator regarding planning and

promoting events.

However, the signing ability of the Director of Finance would not be passed on to Community

Outreach position and will remain with the President and Vice President.

The Director of Finance is also to send invitation and attend the first meeting of every month with

the Treasure of Secretary and update the financial activity with the Board.

Motioned: Amanda motioned to approve the Community Outreach position, starting in April. Vote: All

7 for. 0 opposed.

4) Upcoming Events (Victoria)

• Thursday (17/01) daytime: Patrick to communicate with Michlynne regarding swag-bags handout and

sweater selling on Thursday during Common Hour. All Board Directors to present.

• Thursday (17/01) evening: Winter Wonderland Fashion Show from 19:00 - 22:00, hosted by 2nd year

ET.

• Thursday (24/01): Summer in Paradise from 19:00 - 23:00, hosted by 3rd year ET.

• Tuesday (29/01): AGM from 17:00.

• Wednesday (30/01): Bob Ross Paint Night from 19:00 - 21:00.

• Saturday (02/02): Kawartha Chapter Woodlot Conference, hosted by Forestry program.

• Wednesday (06/02): Pool Tournament & Leaf Hockey Game from 19:00 - 23:00, hosted by 3rd year

ET.

Other

Adam raised a concern regarding the bus operating hour would result in students attending the AGM

leaving early, which may affect the vote.

Discussions regarding add one extra bus run or delay the last bus on the date of the AGM to

accommodate students who will be attending the meeting. All approved to add one extra bus, arriving

at 18:15, departure at 18:30. Adam to contact the bus company.

Motion: Victoria motioned to approve $300 for one extra bus run on Tuesday, 29th January. Vote: All

7 for. 0 opposed.

Business

Motioned: Adam motioned $500 budget for Bob Ross Paint Night equipment purchase. Vote: All 7 for. 0

opposed.

Meeting Adjourned at 13:50.

Date for next meeting: Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019 @ 13:00.

January 8 2019

DATE: TUESDAY, JANUARY 8TH, 2019 LOCATION: FSA

BOARD ROOM (17:04)

Call to Order: Frost Student Association Meeting

Roll Call of Members Present: Amanda Moore, President Shivam Parikh, Vice President

Patrick Santos, Director of Athletes Adam Alaimo, Director of Sustainability Victoria Hynes,

Director of Student Life Declaration of Conflict of Interest: N/A. Approval of Agenda: All

approved.

Approval of Previous Minutes: Postponed. Meeting Agenda:

Guest:

Sherry Polley

Send regrets: N/A

I. Call to Order

II. Roll Call of Members Present

1) Declaration of Conflict of Interest

2) Announcement

3) Call for New Business

III. Approval of Agenda

IV. Approval of Previous Minutes

V. Round Table Discussion

1) Administrative Update (Sherry)

2) Snowfest (Victoria)

3) AGM (Amanda)

4) CRO (Amanda)

5) Compliment Crew

6) Rez Cup (Patrick)

7) Snow Day Event (Patrick)

8) Street Team Revamp (Victoria)

9) Schedules (All)

VI. Business

VII. Motion to Adjourned

Meeting Discussion:

1) Administrative Update (Sherry)

Sherry adjusted Request For Payment Form to make it more presentable and practical; added the

"Online/E-Transfer" option for online events booking but mainly for Sherry to pay the bills, added

the "Bill Payment" option into "Funding For", and added "Director of Finance or Authorised

Signatory" into "Authorised By", which was clarified that not all Directors can authorise. If the

matter is regarding banking, Shivam, Amanda, Director of Finance, or Sherry may sign. Shivam and

Amanda may authorise for contract purposes.

All changes are to be implemented by next week.

Sherry confirmed the FSA Summary of Accounts is in good standing and congratulated the FSA

Directors on their performance.

2) Snowfest, January 9th - 11th (Victoria)

Amanda announced Connor Morand has confirmed for Wednesday performance, Karaoke Open Mic to follow

and will be hosted by Victoria.

Victoria raised concern regarding the lack of bartenders after 8 pm. Bonnie has been informed.

Amanda confirmed Axe Throwing activity on Wednesday is no longer available due to damaged axe

throwing board. Alternatively, hot chocolate, coffee, pastries, and games would be provided in the

Auk's Lodge.

Amanda announces Victoria has acquired foosball, and Bonnie and Sherry have purchased a Ping-Pong

table.

Victoria informs that the game corner has been reorganised.

Amanda confirmed the Glow Party and BBQ on Thursday. Amanda and Victoria to promote intramurals of

Athletic.

Victoria mentioned Bar Rules station to include a Trivia wheel and briefed the rule of the game.

Amanda announces a new diversity worker will be replacing Dave Cavana.

Adam confirms Maple Taffy will be cancelled on Thursday.

Victoria proposed to set up a swag-bag-giveaway table during Wednesday and Thursday. All approved.

Adam expressed uncertainty regarding the storyteller and confirms campfire night will be proceeding

as planned.

Suggestions for printing and reading stories, telling stories about Fleming College land, and

requesting stories from the storyteller to share with students in their absence, are to be

considered.

All Directors are expected to be at each event unless specified.

• Wednesday swag bags and refreshment giveaway does not require all Directors attendance. However,

Amanda requested all members to present at the Connor Morand event from 6 pm.

• Thursday swag bags giveaway:

- Victoria: 11 am - 1pm

- Adam, Shivam, Patrick: 12 pm - 1pm

- Amanda: 11 am - 2 pm

- All Board members including Sherry will be available on Thursday at 5 pm to clear the space for

the event in the Auk's Lodge.

- Glow Party is due from 8 pm - 12 am.

• Friday Make-a-plant is due at noon and requires 2 to 3 volunteers at the station.

- Shivam and Victoria: 12 pm - 1 pm

- Adam: After 1 pm

- Campfire is due from 5 pm.

Discussions made regarding the fridge giveaway as a prize for the raffle draw. All approved.

3) AGM, January 29th (Amanda)

Amanda confirmed AGM is due on Tuesday, January 29th at 5 pm.

Amanda briefed the AGM presentation and requested all Directors add topics discussion.

Amanda announced the meeting with Rob Marsh on Thursday to discuss the questions for the referendum

from Research Services.

Amanda briefed regarding Role Change, e.g., Finance Director; stated that the FSA lacks a Community

Outreach position who main duty is to communicate with the Indigenous, LGBT, mature students, etc.,

to represents the FSA and coordinate events with these minorities, as well as supporting Student

Life.

Victoria welcomed extra support in attending events.

Job description for Community Outreach position to be discussed.

4) CRO - Chief Recruiting Officer (Amanda)

Amanda informed the upcoming election and briefed the history of the last election. Sherry

confirmed the budget for the election is $1000.

Amanda understood the payment for CRO is minimum wage and an additional of 25%.

Amanda reiterated the recommendation from the President and the Vice President of recruiting a non-

student CRO.

All approved to contract Elections Ontario. Sherry to contact.

5) Compliment Crew (Amanda)

Amanda explained the tradition of complementing employees and co-worker by distributing sweets and

requested a budget of $300 per month.

All approved.

6) Rez Cup (Patrick)

Patrick briefed the Rez Cup competition, targeting at 1st-year students in the Residence. The teams

are to be divided by the floors with a sign-up sheet on each floor. Each team consists of 10 to 12

individuals and is also an intramural team. The intramural teams earn points for games completion

and participation. A bristle board with team names and point bars to be set up within a visible

area in the Residence building.

There are prizes available, e.g., shirts for the volleyball game, and the team with the highest

point would be award the Pizza Party grand prize.

Patrick confirmed the Athletics would be funding for other prizes and proposed the FSA for the

Pizza Party grand prize funding. There are approximately 10 to 20 students per floor, which

requires 6 to 8 boxes of pizzas.

Motion: Patrick motioned for $300 approval to spend on Rez Cup Grand Prize.

Vote: all 5 for. 0 opposed.

7) Snow Day Event (Patrick)

Patrick briefed the Snow Day themed sports event, which includes activities such as snowshoeing,

skiing, etc. The proposing date is February 13th, 2019.

Patrick inquired the FSA for a prize for the winning team; medals were suggested.

Patrick confirmed the event would last approximately 2 to 3 hours and welcomed ideas for this

event.

8) Street Team Revamp (Victoria)

Victoria raised concerns regarding the Street Team; there is inconsistent work for the available

volunteers and suggested renaming the team to Social Committee. This team of students would serve

the following purposes:

• Bring more communication from the students to the FSA through increasing FSA volunteer activities

around the campus, i.e., collecting feedback from students about events.

• Provide support to the FSA in advance or during events.

• Plan and execute events on a monthly basis through the FSA funding.

Victoria proposed to provide the Social Committee with a certain amount of funds and the volunteers

are responsible for planning events each month. Victoria and Bonnie would be holding weekly

meetings to approve or make amendments to these events planning.

Victoria summarised the purpose of this proposal; providing students with the opportunity to take

ownership of their work, e.g., planning events for the FSA, and to display their experience on the

resumes. Victoria confirmed the Social Committee would not be involved in operating pub nights but

assisting other purposes which programs and clubs would not undertake, e.g., inviting guest

speakers, outdoor activities, etc.

Victoria acknowledged each club is entitled to $50 fund per academic year and must receive approval

by the Board, and programs do not receive any funding.

Amanda expressed interest in the proposal. However, concerns regarding finances and multiple event

planners may lead to planning disagreement, were brought up.

Discussions of allowing the Social Committee for budget planning and get approval from the FSA, the

duties of the Social Committee, e.g., promoting events for the FSA, the number of members in the

Social Committee, interviewing volunteers, a minimum/maximum number of events per semester, etc.

All approved for Amanda, Adam, and Victoria to lead the Social Committee.

9) Schedules

Discussions made regarding the hours of the weekly Board meetings and all approved for Tuesday, 1

pm.

Business

Meeting Adjourned at 18:24.

Date for next meeting: Tuesday, January 15th, 2019.

December 10 2018

DATE: MONDAY, DECEMBER 10TH, 2018 LOCATION: FSA BOARD

ROOM (17:04)

Call to Order: Frost Student Association Meeting

Roll Call of Members Present: Amanda Moore, President Shivam Parikh, Vice President

Patrick Santos, Director of Athletes Adam Alaimo, Director of Sustainability Victoria Hynes,

Director of Student Life Declaration of Conflict of Interest: N/A. Approval of Agenda: All

approved.

Approval of Previous Minutes: Postponed. Meeting Agenda:

Guest:

Kristi Kerford

Send regrets: N/A

I. Call to Order

II. Roll Call of Members Present

1) Declaration of Conflict of Interest

2) Announcement

3) Call for New Business

III. Approval of Agenda

IV. Approval of Previous Minutes

V. Round Table Discussion

1) Kristi Kerford

2) Hockey Game (Patrick)

3) Snowfest (Victoria)

4) Shuttle Bus/Ridershare app (Adam)

5) This week's nice things (Amanda)

VI. Business

1) Employees gift

VII. Motion to Adjourned

Meeting Discussion:

1) Kristi Kerford

• Recognised and congratulated FSA members for all of their work.

• Thanked the FSA for their time and started presenting Key Performance Indicators (KPI).

• Explained the KPI survey conducted by the Ministry of ON that asks all college students in the

Winter semester about their satisfaction while at college. The result of this survey is made public

and is partly used to allocate funding to each of the colleges.

• Confirmed the survey results became available in November and are publicised later than usual due

to the strike from last year.

• Acknowledged Fleming College results are not satisfactory. However, upon further inspection, the

results showed Frost campus performs better than other Fleming College campuses.

• Explained that KPI assesses graduate rate, employer satisfaction rate, graduate satisfaction

rate, etc. and emphasised on discussing current student satisfaction rate over the course of three

years, from 2015 to 2018.

• Identified and evaluated four capstone questions:

Ø Do you think your time at college has contributed to your knowledge and skills to your future

career?

- Conclusion: Frost results remained consistent at 91% over the years.

Ø Overall, were you happy with the learning experience?

- Conclusion: Frost results remained fairly consistent at 86% over the years while Sutherland had a

significant slump.

Ø Quality of services?

- Conclusion: Frost results fluctuate. In particular, 2015-2016 at 71%, 2016-2017 at 79%, and

2017-2018 at 69%.

Ø Quality of facilities and resources?

- Conclusion: Frost results remained consistent at 85% over the years.

• Kristi revealed services decreased in the satisfactory rate of more than 5% when compared to

previous years. This includes the Library and Resource Centre (5%), Food Services (7%), Social

Spaces and Lounge areas (5%), and Recreation and Athletic (15%).

• Speculated the reason for the significant drop of the satisfactory rate in Recreation and

Athletic services and welcomed ideas for improvement.

• Amanda believed the changes from REX Centre to Spectrum Gym contributed to the result.

• Patrick reiterated the issues regarding distance and space when comparing the two fitness

facilities.

• Victoria suggested creating a survey for fitness facility preferences.

• Adam requested data on the number of students who signed up at Spectrum.

• Patrick to contact Spectrum and create the survey.

• Kristi to distribute the KPI surveyed data.

• Kristi identified one out of five questions that are Fleming specific:

Ø How satisfied are you with your student administrative council services?

- Conclusion: Frost campus remained consistent over the years at 80%. Sutherland campus dropped

below 80% over the last year.

• Overall, Fleming College performed relatively well according to the KPI report. However, in the

satisfaction survey, Fleming College remained last on the list of colleges in the province. Kristi

confirmed Sutherland campus had a major impact on the result.

• Kristi thanked the FSA for their time and left the meeting.

2) Hockey Game (Patrick)

Amanda and all Board members congratulated Patrick for contributed in the successful event. Patrick

confirmed the hats were most desires amongst all prizes.

3) Snowfest (Victoria)

Amanda stated Snowfest was discussed and approved at the managers meeting. Victoria confirmed

Connor Morand to be the guest speaker at Snowfest.

Adam announced Tommy Akulukjuk departure and contacted Kylie Fox regarding campfire night. To be

updated.

Adam contacted a Farmer's Market vendor to help with maple taffy. To be updated.

Victoria recommended two indigenous instructors and to provide Adam with their contact emails.

Victoria briefed the Connor Morand Speaker Agreement and requested consent for signing the

contract. The invoice of $1500 + HST has been sent to Sherry, and the deposit payment is required

by December 22nd. The keynote would last 60 minutes and mainly focuses on how to deal with stress

and loss.

Victoria confirmed the event would begin at 6 pm.

4) Shuttle Bus/Ridershare app (Adam)

Adam received three proposals from shuttle bus companies, starting from under $500 to $850. Adam to

update once received the final proposal.

Adam briefed the Ridershare app. Adam to send to Board members.

5) This week's nice things (Amanda)

Amanda proposed free snacks for students during the final week of the semester. Discussions made

and all approved for snacks, pizzas, and fruit.

Motion: Amanda motioned to approve $400 budget for pizzas, snacks, and fruit. Vote: All 5 for, 0

opposed.

The confirmed date is Wednesday (12/12) at noon. All Directors to present, except for Victoria.

Business

1) Employees gift (Amanda)

Amanda announced the cost for Sherry's gift of $100 and proposed $200 gift for staff.

Motion: Victoria motioned to approve $200 Christmas gift for staff. Vote: All 5 for, 0 opposed.

Amanda confirmed FSA to provide gift baskets to Physical Resources and IT departments.

Meeting Adjourned at 17:53.

Date for next meeting: Tuesday, January 8th, 2019.